One-pot Synthesis of Dihydroorotate by Multienzyme Polypeptide CAD
- Jiawen Jiang, Lirui Sun, Limin Zhu, Jiaying Xin
- Corresponding Author
- Jiawen Jiang
Available Online June 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mcei-15.2015.105How to use a DOI?
- Multienzyme polypeptide; CAD; Multi-step reaction; Dihydroorotate
- In the present research work, the multi-enzyme polypeptide carbamoyl synthetase-aspartate transcarbamoylase- dihydroorotase (CAD) was used as a novel biocatalyst to catalyze a multi-step reaction in a unitary reaction medium. Using organic solvent as reaction medium, we have observed formation of the final product, dihydroorotate, from initial substrates. Study on substrate specificity showed that the enzyme is capable of converting various amine to the corresponding dihydroortate (DHO). The multienzyme polypeptide CAD has an apparent molecular weight of 215,000-222,000.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Jiawen Jiang AU - Lirui Sun AU - Limin Zhu AU - Jiaying Xin PY - 2015/06 DA - 2015/06 TI - One-pot Synthesis of Dihydroorotate by Multienzyme Polypeptide CAD BT - International Conference on Management, Computer and Education Informatization PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mcei-15.2015.105 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mcei-15.2015.105 ID - Jiang2015/06 ER -