Multi-scale Cardiac Electrophysiological Simulation: A GPU-based System by Computational Steering
- Shanzhuo Zhang, Songjun Xie, Kuanquan Wang, Yongfeng Yuan
- Corresponding Author
- Shanzhuo Zhang
Available Online March 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iset-15.2015.40How to use a DOI?
- Computational steering, Multi-scale cardiac simulation, Cardiac electrophysiology
- A cardiac electrophysiological simulation tool is essential for the study of the modern virtual heart. However, there is not yet an ideal tool that can satisfy the requirements of rapidity, flexibility and interactivity. In this paper, we propose a simulation system to cope with this problem, which is (i) based on GPU for parallel computing, and very fast; (ii) flexible to embed various cell models and simulate multi-scale cardiac tissue; (iii) interactive and easy to use by computational steering. We designed a particular simulation case to show the convenience of computational steering and another test to compare the speed of our system to the traditional CPU-based method. These results suggest that our simulation system can be an ideal tool for the research of the virtual heart.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Shanzhuo Zhang AU - Songjun Xie AU - Kuanquan Wang AU - Yongfeng Yuan PY - 2015/03 DA - 2015/03 TI - Multi-scale Cardiac Electrophysiological Simulation: A GPU-based System by Computational Steering BT - First International Conference on Information Science and Electronic Technology (ISET 2015) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iset-15.2015.40 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iset-15.2015.40 ID - Zhang2015/03 ER -