Remote Estimation of Leaf Water Content Using Spectral Index Derived From Hyperspectral Data
- Chengfang Zhang, Zhiyuan Pan, Heng Dong, Fangjian He, Xingbang Hu
- Corresponding Author
- Chengfang Zhang
Available Online March 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iset-15.2015.6How to use a DOI?
- Leaf water content, Vegetation index, Hyperspectral
- Monitoring crop water content by remote sensing has been an important problem for agricultural drought monitoring and water resources management. The triangular water vegetation index is affected by canopy structure parameters, such as leaf area index. To improve this, we used the method of ratio index to put forward a new vegetation index with the improved soil adjustable vegetation index. The precision of the new index for monitoring agricultural drought was verified by simulated data and field observation data. The results showed that the new index was a good method to monitoring the crop water content. However, due to the limitations of data acquisition, the field validation was only with the data of wheat which observed in Yucheng, shandong province. In the future, more tests still need to be done.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Chengfang Zhang AU - Zhiyuan Pan AU - Heng Dong AU - Fangjian He AU - Xingbang Hu PY - 2015/03 DA - 2015/03 TI - Remote Estimation of Leaf Water Content Using Spectral Index Derived From Hyperspectral Data BT - First International Conference on Information Science and Electronic Technology (ISET 2015) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iset-15.2015.6 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iset-15.2015.6 ID - Zhang2015/03 ER -