The Stability of the Internet Traffic Features
- Bin Zhang, Yuandong Mao, Mei Zhang, Yun Yu, Guoquan Jiang, Bo Deng
- Corresponding Author
- Bin Zhang
Available Online May 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icemc-16.2016.16How to use a DOI?
- Taffic feature; Entropy; Stability; Anomaly detection
- In this paper, we present a statistical analysis of traffic features at the packet level. We show that all traffic features demonstrate similar approximately power-law distribution for different time and interval at minute time scale except for the packet size. We observe that feature entropy and independent feature symbols number for fixed packets number are relatively stable in a short time interval, which is very useful for traffic anomaly detection.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Bin Zhang AU - Yuandong Mao AU - Mei Zhang AU - Yun Yu AU - Guoquan Jiang AU - Bo Deng PY - 2016/05 DA - 2016/05 TI - The Stability of the Internet Traffic Features BT - 2016 International Conference on Education, Management and Computer Science PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icemc-16.2016.16 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icemc-16.2016.16 ID - Zhang2016/05 ER -