Research on Physical Education Teaching of Confucius
- Zhenhua Guo, Jun Yang, Meirong Tang
- Corresponding Author
- Zhenhua Guo
Available Online May 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icemc-16.2016.11How to use a DOI?
- Confucius; Sports teaching; Sports thought; Spring and Autumn period
- Confucius was the most influential educator in Spring and autumn period, also was the first t educator who put forward sports thoughts. For more than 40 years of teaching practice, he not only proposed the sports thought and concept of preserve one's health, but also it contained rich and colorful sports content and teaching methods. This paper, using the literatures logical reasoning and other research methods, on the basis of Confucius education thought, teacher's teaching methods are discussed from the following the aspects: Advocating the heuristic teaching; Teaching students in accordance of their aptitude; Teaching students by personal example as well as verbal instruction; Paying to learning and teaching method; Edutainment; Making no social distinctions in teaching; Accepting the opinions of the education object; Cultivating the students interest and so on. The learning methods are analyzed from the following aspects: Attaching great importance to be practical and realistic, Encouraged to choose and learn from the good; Feeling not ashamed to learn from one's subordinates; Being insatiable in learning and so on. These teaching and learning method reflect the simple dialectic and materialism point of view, which are the part of the essence, of Confucius in the sports teaching and precious heritage, have a profound impact on the development of modern sports and the ancient sports..
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Zhenhua Guo AU - Jun Yang AU - Meirong Tang PY - 2016/05 DA - 2016/05 TI - Research on Physical Education Teaching of Confucius BT - 2016 International Conference on Education, Management and Computer Science PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icemc-16.2016.11 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icemc-16.2016.11 ID - Guo2016/05 ER -