Proceedings of the Health Science International Conference (HSIC 2017)

Environmental Factors Affecting the Disclosure of HIV/AIDS Status

Authors
Aini Alifatin
Corresponding Author
Aini Alifatin
Available Online October 2017.
DOI
https://doi.org/10.2991/hsic-17.2017.47How to use a DOI?
Keywords
HIV / AIDS, Disclosure, Stigma, Temperament, Communication pattern
Abstract

Disclosure about HIV / AIDS status is an important factor that supports the success of care and treatment for people living with HIV / AIDS to live longer. Self disclosure is influenced by the environment in which a person behaves, including: parenting, stigma (social culture), stereotype, socioeconomic, sex role, and education of a person. Objective: The study aims to analyze the environmental factors that influence Disclosure about HIV / AIDS status. Method: This research is an observational research with Cross sectional approach. Results: The results of the study establish three components in environmental factors that influence the Disclosure, including: Stigma (social culture) (X1) has the strongest partial correlation (39.69%) with p value: 0.001, followed by communication pattern (X2) With p value: 0,021, and temperament (X3) with p value: 0,050, these three components simultaneously have significant effect on Disclosure with p value: 0.002, The overall influence between independent variables (X1, X2, And X3) to the dependent variable (Y) is 46.7% (R Square), and the remaining 53.3% is influenced by other variables not examined in this study. Conclusion: The study concludes that stigma has the greatest effect on transparency, so intensive counseling and cross-sectoral cooperation are needed as an effort to protect, prevent HIV / AIDS transmission and treatment

Copyright
© 2017, the Authors. Published by Atlantis Press.
Open Access
This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/).

Download article (PDF)

Volume Title
Proceedings of the Health Science International Conference (HSIC 2017)
Series
Advances in Health Sciences Research
Publication Date
October 2017
ISBN
978-94-6252-413-2
ISSN
2468-5739
DOI
https://doi.org/10.2991/hsic-17.2017.47How to use a DOI?
Copyright
© 2017, the Authors. Published by Atlantis Press.
Open Access
This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/).

Cite this article

TY  - CONF
AU  - Aini Alifatin
PY  - 2017/10
DA  - 2017/10
TI  - Environmental Factors Affecting the Disclosure of HIV/AIDS Status
BT  - Proceedings of the Health Science International Conference (HSIC 2017)
PB  - Atlantis Press
SP  - 301
EP  - 308
SN  - 2468-5739
UR  - https://doi.org/10.2991/hsic-17.2017.47
DO  - https://doi.org/10.2991/hsic-17.2017.47
ID  - Alifatin2017/10
ER  -