Comparison Of Different Microwave Digestion Methods For Heavy Metals From Stream Sediment
- Zhenzhen Qiu, Jingdong Zhang, Chaoyang Liu, Fei Li, Zixian Wu
- Corresponding Author
- Zhenzhen Qiu
Available Online May 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aeecs-16.2016.32How to use a DOI?
- Stream sediment, heavy mental, microwave digestion, GFAAS.
- Appropriate digestion of environmental sample, including soil, sediment and dust, plays a key step in their total heavy metal detection. In order to explore the optimized digestion method, 8 kinds of commonly used hybrid acids groups were selected to simultaneously detect total concentrations of Pb and Cd in stream sediment using microwave digestion instrument. The result showed that method 6HNO3+2HCl+2HF, 8HNO3+4HCl+4HF, 5HNO3+2HClO4+8HF had better digestion effects than others through the comparison of digestion solutions. Furthermore, the detection result based on 6HNO3+2HCl+2HF was basically in the range of standard reference value GBW07310. The average concentrations of Pb and Cd were 23.44 mg/kg and 1.045 mg/kg, while the effectiveness of detection results using the other two methods were quite difference with reference value. Therefore, hybrid acids group 6HNO3+2HCl+2HF was identified as the best digestion method in this study.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Zhenzhen Qiu AU - Jingdong Zhang AU - Chaoyang Liu AU - Fei Li AU - Zixian Wu PY - 2016/05 DA - 2016/05 TI - Comparison Of Different Microwave Digestion Methods For Heavy Metals From Stream Sediment BT - 2016 International Conference on Advances in Energy, Environment and Chemical Science PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aeecs-16.2016.32 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aeecs-16.2016.32 ID - Qiu2016/05 ER -