On Chinese Idiom Translation from Cultural Perspective
- Lin Xue, Ning Cai, Chuntao Han
- Corresponding Author
- Lin Xue
Available Online June 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mcei-15.2015.70How to use a DOI?
- Cultural perspective; Idiom; Idiom translation
- Translation is a cultural interaction in nature Chinese idiom is a unique linguistic form and the crystallization of national culture. Its rich source--historical events, the fable story, literary works and daily life--determines that the Chinese idioms carry rich cultural connotation. Due to the special linguistic form and abundant cultural connotation, Chinese idiom translation is a complex processing. This article analyzes Chinese idiom translation from cultural perspective.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Lin Xue AU - Ning Cai AU - Chuntao Han PY - 2015/06 DA - 2015/06 TI - On Chinese Idiom Translation from Cultural Perspective BT - International Conference on Management, Computer and Education Informatization PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mcei-15.2015.70 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mcei-15.2015.70 ID - Xue2015/06 ER -