Recent Ten Years of Biodata Research: Hotspots, Progress and Prospects
- Guandong Song, Jiying Wu, Sihui Wang
- Corresponding Author
- Guandong Song
Available Online September 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jahp-19.2019.154How to use a DOI?
- biodata; background data; personnel selection
- Biodata has been studied and applied for more than one hundred years and is considered as an ideal personnel selection tool because of its high predictive validity and low adverse impact. In recent ten years, many scholars have devoted themselves to the research of biodata and obtained many beneficial results. This paper summarizes the research achievements of biodata in recent ten years from the perspectives of theoretical research progress and applied research progress, among them, the progress in theoretical research is carried out from three aspects: keying method, response faking and adverse impact. The applied research progress is carried out from three aspects: employee turnover, job performance and academic performance. Finally, this paper puts forward the future research direction of biodata: the further discussion of biographical data concept, the further integration of theoretical content, and the further refinement of applied research.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Guandong Song AU - Jiying Wu AU - Sihui Wang PY - 2019/09 DA - 2019/09 TI - Recent Ten Years of Biodata Research: Hotspots, Progress and Prospects BT - The 4th International Conference on Economy, Judicature, Administration and Humanitarian Projects (JAHP 2019) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5428 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jahp-19.2019.154 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jahp-19.2019.154 ID - Song2019/09 ER -