Application of the Real Options Method for Innovation Project Investment Evaluation
- Elena Makarova, Аnna Firsova
- Corresponding Author
- Elena Makarova
Available Online September 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jahp-19.2019.73How to use a DOI?
- innovation project; project investment; real options method; binomial model; project efficiency evaluation
- Innovations are regarded as one of the important sectors of the economy and investment in economically developed countries. The underdevelopment of organizational-economic forms and the insufficient development of mechanisms for supporting and implementing projects in innovations impede the development in this sphere. The article analyzes the different methods for calculating the value of options. The stages of decision-making support in the implementation of innovation projects that are based on real options method were analyzed. According to the results of the analysis, conclusion was made that when evaluating real innovative investments, Cox-Rubinstein’s approach is more acceptable. The binominal model allows obtaining more accurate results and presents a decision tree with variants of branching, which allows visualizing the scenarios and probabilities of these solutions.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Elena Makarova AU - Аnna Firsova PY - 2019/09 DA - 2019/09 TI - Application of the Real Options Method for Innovation Project Investment Evaluation BT - The 4th International Conference on Economy, Judicature, Administration and Humanitarian Projects (JAHP 2019) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5428 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jahp-19.2019.73 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jahp-19.2019.73 ID - Makarova2019/09 ER -