A Better Method for Evaluating Learning Performance Based on Information Entropy and Dynamic Accumulation Level
- Li-Ling Yang, Chieh-Wen Hsu
- Corresponding Author
- Li-Ling Yang
Available Online September 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jahp-19.2019.22How to use a DOI?
- information entropy; dynamic accumulation level; learning performance
- In general, most of the learning assessment measures students' learning effectiveness by arithmetic average score or weighted average score. Although the assessment process is simple and easy to understand, it is not flexible and tends to ignore the real situation in the learning process. Therefore, it is unable to effectively describe whether progress, regression or grade distribution is stable in the learning process. This study puts forward "dynamic accumulation level" for learning evaluation, calculates the dynamic accumulation of the examination results through exponential smoothing method, and introduces "information entropy" to measure students' learning stability and learning level. Moreover, this paper promotes the thesis of dynamic stability evaluation method, which analyzes more realistically and precisely on students' learning condition and performance. With the dynamic stability evaluation method, teachers may timely adjust their teaching skills and counsel students in a more effective way to enhance the quality of learning.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Li-Ling Yang AU - Chieh-Wen Hsu PY - 2019/09 DA - 2019/09 TI - A Better Method for Evaluating Learning Performance Based on Information Entropy and Dynamic Accumulation Level BT - The 4th International Conference on Economy, Judicature, Administration and Humanitarian Projects (JAHP 2019) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5428 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jahp-19.2019.22 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jahp-19.2019.22 ID - Yang2019/09 ER -