Detection of Sangeang Api Volcano Ash Cloud Based on Remote Sensing Image
- Jiangshan Dong, Chengfan Li, Jingyuan Yin, Junjuan Zhao, Dan Xue
- Corresponding Author
- Jiangshan Dong
Available Online March 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iset-15.2015.48How to use a DOI?
- Remote sensing, Split window light temperature difference, Volcanic ash cloud, Sangeang Api volcano
- Large-scale volcanic ash clouds can threaten the safety of increasingly prosperous aviation transportation. The current recognition of the ash cloud mainly relies on the remote sensing technology. Taking the moderate resolution imaging spectroradiometer (MODIS) images of Indonesia Sangeang Api volcanic ash clouds as data source on May 30, 2014, this paper put forward the use of split window light temperature for detection of the volcanic ash cloud, which is based on the analysis of the physical properties of volcanic ash cloud and the absorption spectral characteristics in the scope of thermal infrared bands. The result shows that the split window light temperature difference algorithm can effectively identify the spatial distribution of the volcanic ash clouds, and has some potential for applications in improving the effect of the ash cloud recognition and disaster prevention and mitigation.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Jiangshan Dong AU - Chengfan Li AU - Jingyuan Yin AU - Junjuan Zhao AU - Dan Xue PY - 2015/03 DA - 2015/03 TI - Detection of Sangeang Api Volcano Ash Cloud Based on Remote Sensing Image BT - First International Conference on Information Science and Electronic Technology (ISET 2015) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iset-15.2015.48 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iset-15.2015.48 ID - Dong2015/03 ER -