A Dual-Broadband Circularly Polarized Slot Antenna for RFID Reader Applications
- Hao Xie, Manxi Wang, Yusha Liu, Jun Hu
- Corresponding Author
- Hao Xie
Available Online March 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iset-15.2015.42How to use a DOI?
- Circular polarization, Slot antenna, dual-band, RFID reader
- In this article, a compact RFID reader antenna operated on UHF band and WLAN with circular polarization is proposed. The antenna is comprised of an inverted L-shaped strip and an asymmetric U-shaped strip. The antenna is fed by a coplanar waveguide (CPW) line. The simulated result for -10-dB impedance bandwidth is about 550 MHz (875–1425 MHz) and 480 MHz (2.16–2.64 GHz). Its corresponding simulated 3-dB axial-ratio (AR) bandwidth is about 398 MHz (772-1170 MHz) and 55 MHz (2.32-2.375 GHz). The overall antenna size is 120mm×120mm×1.6mm. The results show a perfect circularly polarized radiation in both the lower and upper bands. In comparison to the recent works, the proposed antenna has wider impedance bandwidths, and better circularly polarized performance.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Hao Xie AU - Manxi Wang AU - Yusha Liu AU - Jun Hu PY - 2015/03 DA - 2015/03 TI - A Dual-Broadband Circularly Polarized Slot Antenna for RFID Reader Applications BT - First International Conference on Information Science and Electronic Technology (ISET 2015) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iset-15.2015.42 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iset-15.2015.42 ID - Xie2015/03 ER -