A Differential Power Analysis Attack on Dynamic Password Token Based On SM3 Algorithm
- Limin Guo, Qing Li, Lihui Wang, Zhimin Zhang, Dan Liu, Weijun Shan
- Corresponding Author
- Limin Guo
Available Online March 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iset-15.2015.28How to use a DOI?
- Dynamic password token, SM3, DPA
- Dynamic password technology is one of the most widely utilized methods for identity authentication. The security of dynamic password system depends on the cryptographic strength of the underlying hash function. And SM3 is the only standard hash algorithm of China. However, most cryptographic algorithm implementations are vulnerable against side channel attacks. But specific side channel attacks on dynamic password token based on SM3 hash function have not been given so far. This paper presents a differential power analysis attack on dynamic password token based on SM3 algorithm. SM3 hash algorithm is based on the mixing of different algebraic operations, such as XOR and addition modulo 2^32, thus the proposed DPA attack is mainly against these basic group operations. Experimental results are given by attacking an implementation of generating dynamic password using SM3 algorithm in a smart card, which demonstrate the feasibility of such attacks described in this paper.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Limin Guo AU - Qing Li AU - Lihui Wang AU - Zhimin Zhang AU - Dan Liu AU - Weijun Shan PY - 2015/03 DA - 2015/03 TI - A Differential Power Analysis Attack on Dynamic Password Token Based On SM3 Algorithm BT - First International Conference on Information Science and Electronic Technology (ISET 2015) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iset-15.2015.28 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iset-15.2015.28 ID - Guo2015/03 ER -