An Energy Efficient Multipath Routing Algorithm in Wireless Sensor Network
- Dong Feng, Zhihong Qian, Xue Wang, Xiaohui Liu
- Corresponding Author
- Dong Feng
Available Online March 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iset-15.2015.17How to use a DOI?
- WSNs, Multipath, Energy efficient, Load balancing
- Due to the energy and resource constraints of a wireless sensor node in a wireless sensor network (WSN), WSNs adequately need effective mechanisms for data forwarding to enhance the energy efficiency in networks. To solve this problem, Multipath routing protocols are often used to balance the network energy consumption. In this paper, we propose an energy efficient multipath routing algorithm (EEMR) for WSN that considers wireless interference and load balancing. The algorithm establishes multiple paths with minimum interference between the source node and the destination node. In this way, the quality of wireless communication is improved because the effects of wireless interference can be reduced as much as possible. Meanwhile, the proposed algorithm allocates traffic load reasonably according to the total link cost of each path, which can prolong network lifetime. Simulation results show that the proposed routing algorithm achieves lower energy cost and longer network lifetime than that in the literature.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Dong Feng AU - Zhihong Qian AU - Xue Wang AU - Xiaohui Liu PY - 2015/03 DA - 2015/03 TI - An Energy Efficient Multipath Routing Algorithm in Wireless Sensor Network BT - First International Conference on Information Science and Electronic Technology (ISET 2015) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iset-15.2015.17 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iset-15.2015.17 ID - Feng2015/03 ER -