An Adaptive Algorithm for Music Beat Tracking
- Zhanchun Gao, Yuting Liu, Yanjun Jiang
- Corresponding Author
- Zhanchun Gao
Available Online March 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iset-15.2015.12How to use a DOI?
- Music audio analysis, Music beat tracking, Extraction of music feature
- On the basis of Time Domain Analysis, this paper proposes a method for music beat tracking. Through this method, music beats are detected and tracked by timestamp and intensity value. Generally, the beat-areas of music signal converge more energy than other areas, therefore, the spots of beat can be filtered out by a tracking algorithm with a dynamic threshold value. In this paper, dynamic threshold value in tracking algorithm is modified by using two sliding windows, which are Prediction Window and Detection Window. Also, a new indicator which indicates the stationarity of the signal is proposed. This factor can distinguishes the music signal with rhythmic beats from which with lone-tone and noise in time-domain. The experimental result proves the simplicity, adaptability, and robustness of this method, and it is an efficient algorithm on music beat tracking.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Zhanchun Gao AU - Yuting Liu AU - Yanjun Jiang PY - 2015/03 DA - 2015/03 TI - An Adaptive Algorithm for Music Beat Tracking BT - First International Conference on Information Science and Electronic Technology (ISET 2015) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iset-15.2015.12 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iset-15.2015.12 ID - Gao2015/03 ER -