Hybrid Method for License Plate Detection from Natural Scene Images
- Boya Niu, Linlin Huang, Jian Hu
- Corresponding Author
- Boya Niu
Available Online March 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iset-15.2015.9How to use a DOI?
- License plate detection, Color pairs, Mathematical morphology, HOG feature, SVM
- License plate detection is a key part in vehicle license plate recognition system. In this paper, we present a hybrid method for license plate detection from natural scene images for the all-day traffic surveillance environment. The proposed method includes two stages: rough detection and accurate detection. Coarse detection stage based on color edge and morphology can help finding the region of interest quickly. Accurate detection stage based on HOG and SVM accurately detect the vehicle license plate. The effectiveness of the proposed method has been proven by the experimental results on a large database of images.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Boya Niu AU - Linlin Huang AU - Jian Hu PY - 2015/03 DA - 2015/03 TI - Hybrid Method for License Plate Detection from Natural Scene Images BT - First International Conference on Information Science and Electronic Technology (ISET 2015) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iset-15.2015.9 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iset-15.2015.9 ID - Niu2015/03 ER -