Improving Student Learning in Computer Science Courses by Using Virtual OpenCL Laboratory
- Diming Zhang, Yuanjiang Li
- Corresponding Author
- Diming Zhang
Available Online January 2014.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icmess-14.2014.12How to use a DOI?
- Virtual laboratory, computer graphics, Xen VGA Passthrough, Virtual OpenCL.
- Laboratory experience is an essential factor for engineering and science education. Virtual laboratories are widely used by universities and research institutions in various kinds of academic sectors. However, general virtual laboratories always have some weakness for computer graphics which its experiment needs to be done in high performance computers. In the assessment of a graduate computer graphics course, the authors find out the choke point of virtual laboratories when it handles computer graphics tasks. Also, this paper proposes a novel architecture of virtual laboratories by adopting Xen VGA Passthrough and virtual OpenCL technologies in order to break the bottleneck.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Diming Zhang AU - Yuanjiang Li PY - 2014/01 DA - 2014/01 TI - Improving Student Learning in Computer Science Courses by Using Virtual OpenCL Laboratory BT - 2014 International Conference on Management, Education and Social Science (ICMESS 2014) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmess-14.2014.12 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmess-14.2014.12 ID - Zhang2014/01 ER -