Divergent Thinking during the Electrospraying Processes for Implementing Engineering Teaching in Higher Education
- Yaoyao Yang, Wangqiu He, Shifeng Liu, Jing Xu, Yiyong He, Dengguang Yu
- Corresponding Author
- Yaoyao Yang
Available Online November 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iceiss-17.2017.10How to use a DOI?
- Divergent thinking; Higher education; Advanced techniques; Creativity
- Knowing how to do divergent thinking is very important for cultivating the creativity of college students in high education. In this paper, an advanced technique--electrospraying was exploited as an example to explain how to foster the undergraduate students' divergent thinking. From the preparation of a working solution, the implementation of electrospraying process, the characterization of electrosprayed microparticles, and also the final potential applications of the mediated microproducts. Each of the above-mentioned steps comprises good materials for promoting the students to think divergently, learn actively, judge and make a decision using convergent thinking. It is suggested for high education that advanced technologies can be utilized as useful tools for cultivating the students' divergent thinking and innovation capability.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yaoyao Yang AU - Wangqiu He AU - Shifeng Liu AU - Jing Xu AU - Yiyong He AU - Dengguang Yu PY - 2017/11 DA - 2017/11 TI - Divergent Thinking during the Electrospraying Processes for Implementing Engineering Teaching in Higher Education BT - International Conference on Education Innovation and Social Science (ICEISS 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceiss-17.2017.10 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceiss-17.2017.10 ID - Yang2017/11 ER -