Comparison Of Different Methods Of Crop Straw Disposal Based On SWOT Analysis
- Fujun Cui, Hefang Wang, Zhixiang Jiang, Hao Zheng
- Corresponding Author
- Fujun Cui
Available Online May 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aeecs-16.2016.30How to use a DOI?
- SWOT analysis, crop straw, biomass briquette technology, biochar technology
- An analysis of strength, weakness, opportunity, and threat (SWOT) was conducted to compare the management of crop straw using three different disposal methods including traditional household energy utilization, biomass briquette technology and biochar technology. The results indicated that the biomass briquette technology and the biochar technology showed significant advantages with higher energy utilization efficiency and less pollution compared with the technology of traditional household energy utilization. Moreover, the biochar technology had multiple benefits on carbon sequestration, soil amendment, pollution remediation and renewable energy production. However, more attention should be paid to the development and application of the biochar technology, as well as the policy support from governments. Considering all the factors, the biochar technology is the most promising method of crop straw disposal.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Fujun Cui AU - Hefang Wang AU - Zhixiang Jiang AU - Hao Zheng PY - 2016/05 DA - 2016/05 TI - Comparison Of Different Methods Of Crop Straw Disposal Based On SWOT Analysis BT - 2016 International Conference on Advances in Energy, Environment and Chemical Science PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aeecs-16.2016.30 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aeecs-16.2016.30 ID - Cui2016/05 ER -