An Revised Factors Model For Estimation And Prediction Of Greenhous Gas Emission In Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Qianyun Zhang, Ling Xu, Jiannan Li
- Corresponding Author
- Qianyun Zhang
Available Online May 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aeecs-16.2016.9How to use a DOI?
- Greenhouse gas; Wastewater treatment; Expert scoring method; Hybrid process.
- A comprehensive mathematical model has been revised to estimate greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by urban wastewater treatment plants (WWTP) resulting from on-site activities. The contribution of individual processes and well-management levels of WWTPs to the production of GHGs in hybrid treatment system has been determined. Using the revised mathematical model, we estimate the total CO2 equivalent mass and per unit COD removal mass of emission in Dalian City from year 2004 to 2013. According to the results, our prediction is that the overall CO2 equivalent mass of emission will continue to increase, but improvement of wastewater treatment technology and automatic detection can efficiently reduce the growth. The revised emission factor of GHG emissions from nutrient removal in the overall GHG emissions of WWTPs increased the accuracy and completeness of this estimation, lending support to the novelty of the present study.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Qianyun Zhang AU - Ling Xu AU - Jiannan Li PY - 2016/05 DA - 2016/05 TI - An Revised Factors Model For Estimation And Prediction Of Greenhous Gas Emission In Wastewater Treatment Plant BT - 2016 International Conference on Advances in Energy, Environment and Chemical Science PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aeecs-16.2016.9 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aeecs-16.2016.9 ID - Zhang2016/05 ER -