Study on antiseptic property of water soluble polyvinyl alcohol building adhesive
- Chao Zhu, Qing Xiang, Xiaoyue Liu, Liming Dong
- Corresponding Author
- Chao Zhu
Available Online May 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aeecs-16.2016.2How to use a DOI?
- PVA, Building adhesive, Preservative
- With people's strengthened environmental awareness and the decrease of free formaldehyde content in water soluble polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) building adhesive, the problems about mildewing and change of quality in PVA adhesive are getting people's attention. The reasons for the adhesive mildewing were studied on the aspect of PVA adhesive production process. The different dosage of preservatives, such as CuSO4, NaNO2, A26, CP19 and CN46 which affect on antiseptic properties of adhesive were studied by long-term simulation verified experiment and microorganism infection experiment. The results showed that the antiseptic properties of PVA adhesives were affected by different species and dosage of preservatives. The isothiazolone derivatives such as A26, CP19 and CN46 had better antiseptic properties and compatibility than CuSO4 and NaNO2. Research shows that CN46 has optimal and long-term antiseptic effect when its amount was 0.25%.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Chao Zhu AU - Qing Xiang AU - Xiaoyue Liu AU - Liming Dong PY - 2016/05 DA - 2016/05 TI - Study on antiseptic property of water soluble polyvinyl alcohol building adhesive BT - 2016 International Conference on Advances in Energy, Environment and Chemical Science PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aeecs-16.2016.2 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aeecs-16.2016.2 ID - Zhu2016/05 ER -