Anti-tumor Immunity Induced by Heat Shock Protein 72 and Alpha-fetoprotein Epitope Peptide Vaccine
- Yan Fang, Xiaoping Wang, Bing Xu, Penglong Yu
- Corresponding Author
- Yan Fang
Available Online June 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mcei-15.2015.56How to use a DOI?
- Heat shock protien 72 (HSP72); Alpha-fetoprotein (AFP); Vaccine; Tumor; Immunotherapy
- Objective: Alpha-fetoprotein (AFP) is an oncofetal antigen during hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) development which could lead to weak reproducible antitumor immunity, and may act as a target for cancer therapy. Therefore, it is imperative to enhance its immunogenicity and develop therapeutic vaccines to eliminate AFP-expressing tumors. The study is tntended to develop a specific anti-tumor peptide vaccine-heat shock protien 72 (HSP72) and alpha-fetoprotein epitope peptide (AFP-P). Methods: By way of glutaraldehyde cross-linking, we constructed a potential therapeutic peptide vaccine, HSP72/AFP-P. In vitro and in vivo cytotoxicity assays were uesd to verify anti-tumor effect of the recombined vaccine. Results: The results showed that cross-linking of AFP epitope peptide with HSP72 induced significant enhancement in specific AFP CD8+ T cells response and distinct cytotoxic antitumor reaction against AFP-expressing tumors. Primimg mice with the reconstructed vaccine, we elicited robust strong protective immunity. Conclusion: Our study suggests that tumor vaccination through cross-linking tumor antigen and HSP72 is an encouraging method for cancer immunotherapy.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yan Fang AU - Xiaoping Wang AU - Bing Xu AU - Penglong Yu PY - 2015/06 DA - 2015/06 TI - Anti-tumor Immunity Induced by Heat Shock Protein 72 and Alpha-fetoprotein Epitope Peptide Vaccine BT - International Conference on Management, Computer and Education Informatization PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mcei-15.2015.56 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mcei-15.2015.56 ID - Fang2015/06 ER -