The Impact of Environmental Regulation on High Energy-consuming Enterprises Competitiveness in Zhejiang Province Based on Heavy Chemical, Medicine, Chemical Fiber, Plastics Industry Data Research
- Wenhong Cheng, Bin Li, Weibin Wang, Mimi Wang
- Corresponding Author
- Wenhong Cheng
Available Online September 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jahp-19.2019.142How to use a DOI?
- low carbon economy; environmental regulation; high energy-consuming industry; pollution control; industrial competitiveness
- The output value of high energy-consuming industries is the main source of economic growth in various provinces. The economic growth of high-energy-consuming industries is slowing down under environmental regulations. Appropriate relaxation of environmental regulations by the government can significantly increase the output of high-energy-consuming industries in the region and accelerate economic growth. At the same time, the government faces the dilemma of environmental pollution. This paper studies the impact of environmental regulation on the competitiveness of high-energy-consuming industries in Zhejiang Province under low-carbon economy based on the panel data of high energy-consuming industries in Zhejiang Province from 2012 to 2016. It focuses on the research of heavy chemical, pharmaceutical, chemical fiber, and plastic industries. The relationship between the treatment of pollutant emissions and economic growth shows that environmental regulation can inhibit pollution, but there are differences in the effects of different industries and different pollutants. The discharge of pollutants is positively related to economic growth. The relationship proposes countermeasures for the differential regulation of pollutants produced by different industries.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Wenhong Cheng AU - Bin Li AU - Weibin Wang AU - Mimi Wang PY - 2019/09 DA - 2019/09 TI - The Impact of Environmental Regulation on High Energy-consuming Enterprises Competitiveness in Zhejiang Province Based on Heavy Chemical, Medicine, Chemical Fiber, Plastics Industry Data Research BT - The 4th International Conference on Economy, Judicature, Administration and Humanitarian Projects (JAHP 2019) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5428 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jahp-19.2019.142 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jahp-19.2019.142 ID - Cheng2019/09 ER -