The Effect of HIV-Related Knowledge on The Willingnes to Participate in Voluntary Counseling and Testing (VCT) Among Nursing Students
- https://doi.org/10.2991/inc-17.2017.2How to use a DOI?
- HIV, VCT, knowledge, willingness, nursing student.
Youth aged 15-24 years old have the high vulnerability to HIV infection. Students who lack parental supervision have more opportunity to try new things including sexual matter. Nursing students frequently provide care for several patients who unaware of their HIV status. These increases the students' HIV susceptibility. This study aims to analyze the effect of HIV-related knowledge on the willingness to participate in VCT among nursing students. Method: This is a cross-sectional study involving 137 nursing students in a university in Surabaya. Sample chose by random sampling. Instruments used were questionnaires of KQ-18 and general attitude to VCT. Data analysis used regression test with 0.05. Result: Most respondents were females, 20 years old, single, living with parents. They got HIV health education more than twice so far and mostly got information about HIV in the seminar . Most respondents have low HIV-related knowledge but willing enough to participate in VCT. HIV-related knowledge only influences the willingness to participate in VCT of 0.2%, while the other 99.8% influences are caused by the other unidentified factors. The regression model was not significant (p = 0.632). Conclusion: HIV-related knowledge has a very slight influence on the wil lingness to participate in VCT among nursing students.
- © 2017, the Authors. Published by Atlantis Press.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/).
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Ni Putu Wulan Purnama Sari AU - Anselmus Aristo Parut PY - 2017/04 DA - 2017/04 TI - The Effect of HIV-Related Knowledge on The Willingnes to Participate in Voluntary Counseling and Testing (VCT) Among Nursing Students BT - Proceedings of the 8th International Nursing Conference on Education, Practice and Research Development in Nursing (INC 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SP - 7 EP - 11 SN - 2468-5739 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/inc-17.2017.2 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/inc-17.2017.2 ID - WulanPurnamaSari2017/04 ER -