Discussion and Practice on the Specialized English Teaching for Students Majoring in Automation
- Beibei Wei, Kai Sun, Juan Li
- Corresponding Author
- Beibei Wei
Available Online November 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iceiss-17.2017.24How to use a DOI?
- Specialized English; College students; Automation; Task-based teaching
- The paper introduces the design, contents and methods of teaching of specialized English for students majoring in automation, which avoids the disadvantages of traditional teaching approaches and aims at improving students' abilities to acquire information and to communicate. Task-based teaching method and the notion of student-centeredness is taken, with various of activities organized in and after class. Assessment on students is based on the contents of teaching, with the purpose of developing students' reading comprehension, and fostering their abilities to consult references, to sort out materials, to make multimedia courseware and to express themselves clearly and relevantly to their major. The results shows that the reform is effective and can increase students' specialized English competence obviously.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Beibei Wei AU - Kai Sun AU - Juan Li PY - 2017/11 DA - 2017/11 TI - Discussion and Practice on the Specialized English Teaching for Students Majoring in Automation BT - International Conference on Education Innovation and Social Science (ICEISS 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceiss-17.2017.24 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceiss-17.2017.24 ID - Wei2017/11 ER -