The Multidimensional Education Quality Evaluation System for the Master of Engineering
- Kaikun Dong, Dianhui Chu, Li Guo, Kuanquan Wang
- Corresponding Author
- Kaikun Dong
Available Online November 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iceiss-17.2017.3How to use a DOI?
- Education quality evaluation; Master of Engineering; Engineering Education Accreditation; Continuous improvement
- Quality is the lifeline of the education of Master of Engineering. In this paper, the quality problems in the education of Master of Engineering in China are introduced and discussed briefly. Then the Engineering Education Accreditation and its education quality evaluation methods are introduced, and the strengths of these methods are analyzed and summarized. Based on the ideas and evaluation framework of the Engineering Education Accreditation, adopting the merits of Chinese traditional education quality evaluation methods, a multidimensional education quality evaluation system for the Master of Engineering is proposed in the purpose of continuous quality improvement and educational goals achievement. The evaluation system covers educational goals, students' development, course system, industrial practice, dissertation, supporting conditions and continuous improvement, totally seven dimensions. Student centered cultivation, outcomes-based education, and continuous quality improvement are the core philosophies of the proposed education quality evaluation system.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Kaikun Dong AU - Dianhui Chu AU - Li Guo AU - Kuanquan Wang PY - 2017/11 DA - 2017/11 TI - The Multidimensional Education Quality Evaluation System for the Master of Engineering BT - International Conference on Education Innovation and Social Science (ICEISS 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceiss-17.2017.3 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceiss-17.2017.3 ID - Dong2017/11 ER -