Research on Harms and Governance of Internet Rumors
- Xijuan Liu, Pu Li, Mingjie Zhou, Chengcheng Li
- Corresponding Author
- Xijuan Liu
Available Online March 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/emehss-18.2018.16How to use a DOI?
- Internet rumors; Harmness; Governance; Countermeasures.
- Internet rumors can cause huge social harm and negative effects, not only seriously interfere with people's work and life, but also seriously damage the authority image of the government and the credibility of the government. Therefore, the management of the Internet rumors is urgent. First of all, we need to strengthen the capacity and awareness of the public and Internet users to distinguish between authenticity and falsehood in the face of all kinds of complicated and inflexible network information, do not blindly follow and believe it and maintain their self-judgment and understanding; Second, the administrative agencies must play a leading role in the management and control of online rumors, strengthen management practices and supervise the implementation; Finally, the practical measures should be taken to strengthen the related laws and regulations on the spread and harm of the Internet rumors.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Xijuan Liu AU - Pu Li AU - Mingjie Zhou AU - Chengcheng Li PY - 2018/03 DA - 2018/03 TI - Research on Harms and Governance of Internet Rumors BT - 2nd International Conference on Economics and Management, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences (EMEHSS 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/emehss-18.2018.16 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/emehss-18.2018.16 ID - Liu2018/03 ER -