Modern Christian Orthodox Preacher as Social Communicator Concept
- I.A. Petrouchko, A.A. Bogatyrev
- Corresponding Author
- I.A. Petrouchko
Available Online November 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/cildiah-17.2017.39How to use a DOI?
- linguistic personality; communicative competence; Christian preacher
- Elaboration of the modern concept of Christian Preacher communicative competences is a topical issue for Russian Orthodox Church vocational training. Meanwhile the analysis of linguistic personality as a communicator in the context of target-centered activity belongs to the domain of linguistics and communicative studies, the issues of professional communicator formation are to be treated within frame of pedagogy and linguistic didactics. The central notion of linguistic didactic is the communicator - the creator and the participant of a communicative event. So the preacher is viewed as a subject of communicative action and interaction of preaching and teaching. The present study is dedicated to mapping the competences needed to organize and perform successfully the biblical messages. The article presents the threefold linguistic personality structure of a modern Christian Orthodox preacher as a social communicator concept. The basic facet of the model comprises a set of professionally important personal qualities (such as openness, sociability, easiness of temper, consideration and discretion; readiness to accept the other; empathy, set to interpersonal communication and collaboration; personal charisma. The second facet represents a multi-tiled structure of 'know-what' competences of the Christian preacher, functioning as elements of preaching discourse production. The third facet represents a multi-tiled structure of 'know-how' competences, preconditioning the success of preaching to modern audiences. The presented model of the modern Christian Orthodox preacher as a social communicator concept maybe used as a basis for developing educational strategies, aimed at educating and training preachers in professional homiletic discourse.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - I.A. Petrouchko AU - A.A. Bogatyrev PY - 2017/11 DA - 2017/11 TI - Modern Christian Orthodox Preacher as Social Communicator Concept BT - 7th International Scientific and Practical Conference "Current issues of linguistics and didactics: The interdisciplinary approach in humanities" (CILDIAH 2017) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/cildiah-17.2017.39 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/cildiah-17.2017.39 ID - Petrouchko2017/11 ER -