Hydrogen Production From Corncob By Thermoanaerobacterium Thermosaccharolyticum M18
- Wanqian Guo, Jing Li, Heshan Zheng, Qinglian Wu
- Corresponding Author
- Wanqian Guo
Available Online May 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aeecs-16.2016.45How to use a DOI?
- Corncob; Thermoanaerobacterium thermosaccharolyticum M18; Particle size; NaOH pretreatment; Hydrogen production
- This work experimentally used the corncob to product hydrogen with Thermoanaerobacterium thermosaccharolyticum M18. The initial pH of culture medium, particle size of the corncob and NaOH pretreatment condition were researched and optimized to get high yield and efficiency of hydrogen production. Moreover, the structure and composition of the corncob before and after the pretreatment were analyzed and compared by SEM and a fiber quality analyzer. The optimal operation conditions for high-efficient hydrogen production were: medium initial pH 7, particle size of the corncob 0.25mm (60 mesh), 2% sodium hydroxide solution hydrolysis at 90oC for 120 minutes.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Wanqian Guo AU - Jing Li AU - Heshan Zheng AU - Qinglian Wu PY - 2016/05 DA - 2016/05 TI - Hydrogen Production From Corncob By Thermoanaerobacterium Thermosaccharolyticum M18 BT - 2016 International Conference on Advances in Energy, Environment and Chemical Science PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aeecs-16.2016.45 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aeecs-16.2016.45 ID - Guo2016/05 ER -