Achieving Efficient Pathname LOOKUP in File Server Group
- Feng-jung Liu 0, Chu-sing Yang, Yao-kuei Lee
- Corresponding Author
- Feng-jung Liu
0Dept. of Management Information Systems,Tajen University
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.9How to use a DOI?
- File Server Group, file handle, Multi-component LOOKUP
- With the increasing growth of Internet users and the Web contents, it has led to much attention on scalability and availability of file system. Hence the ways to improve the reliability and availability of system, to achieve the expected reduction in operational expenses and to reduce the operations of management of system have become essential issues. In FSG system, it improved the reliability of file system through replication to handle the effects of failures. An efficient consistency control protocols is previously proposed to ensure the consistency among replicas. In this paper, we leveraged the concept of intermediate file handle to cover the heterogeneity of file system and designed a mechanism, named Multi-component LOOKUP to solve the inefficiency problem of full pathname LOOKUP, to reduce the number of RPC requests going across the network and to allow a client to resolve a full path name in one operation. Above all, simplicity is our main design consideration.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Feng-jung Liu AU - Chu-sing Yang AU - Yao-kuei Lee PY - 2006/10 DA - 2006/10 TI - Achieving Efficient Pathname LOOKUP in File Server Group BT - 9th Joint International Conference on Information Sciences (JCIS-06) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.9 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.9 ID - Liu2006/10 ER -