feature-preserving interpolative vector quantization
- Wu-Ja Lin 0, Wei-Yu Han, Lee Yen-Po, Wu Kuang-Shyr
- Corresponding Author
- Wu-Ja Lin
0Ching Yun University
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.4How to use a DOI?
- feature-preserving, interpolative vector quantization, mean, variance, average radius
- In this paper, a feature-preserving interpolative vector quantization method is proposed to compress images. The proposed method preserves the average color and color contrast on generating the approximation image and preserves mean, variance, and average radius on quantizing the residual image which is generated by subtracting the approximation image from the source image. The experimental results show that the proposed method usually yields satisfactory results.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Wu-ja Lin AU - Wei-yu Han AU - Lee Yen-po AU - Wu Kuang-shyr PY - 2006/10 DA - 2006/10 TI - feature-preserving interpolative vector quantization BT - 9th Joint International Conference on Information Sciences (JCIS-06) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.4 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.4 ID - Lin2006/10 ER -