An SOM-Based Search Algorithm for Dynamic Systems
- Yi-Yuan Chen 0, Kuu-Young Young
- Corresponding Author
- Yi-Yuan Chen
0Dept. Eelectrical and Control Eng., National Chiao-Tung Univ
Available Online undefined NaN.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.291How to use a DOI?
- Self-Organizing Map, Search Algorithm,Dynamic System, Genetic Algorithm.
- The self-organizing map (SOM), as a kind of unsupervised neural network, has been applied for both static data management and dynamic data analysis. To further exploit its ability in search, in this paper, we propose an SOM-based search algorithm (SOMS) for dynamic systems, in which the SOM is employed as a searching mechanism. And, a new SOM weight updating rule is proposed to enhance the learning efficiency, which may dynamically adjust the neighborhood function for the SOM in learning system parameters. For demonstration, the proposed learning scheme is applied for continuous optimization problem and also dynamic trajectory prediction, and its effectiveness evaluated via the simulations based on using the SOM and GA, due to their resemblance in learning and searching.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yi-Yuan Chen AU - Kuu-Young Young PY - NaN/NaN DA - NaN/NaN TI - An SOM-Based Search Algorithm for Dynamic Systems BT - 9th Joint International Conference on Information Sciences (JCIS-06) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.291 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.291 ID - ChenNaN/NaN ER -