Adaptive Error Control for Scalable Video Streaming over Wireless Internet
- Jen-Wen Ding 0, Wei-Jen Chen, Chu-Fu Wang
- Corresponding Author
- Jen-Wen Ding
0National Kaohsiung University of Applied Sciences
Available Online undefined NaN.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.205How to use a DOI?
- broadband wireless networks, video streaming, video broadcasting, adaptive error control scheme, scalable video coding
- With the wide deployment of broadband wireless networks around the world, there is a growing interest in wireless personalized video streaming. However, the bit error rate (BER) of wireless networks is much higher than that of wired networks. The high BER, unfortunately, will significantly degrade the visual quality of video streaming. In this paper, we propose an adaptive error control scheme for broadcast-based video-on-demand services. The proposed scheme can adaptively allocate proper forward error correction codes to different video streams according to the measured network conditions, such that the average visual quality of all clients can be maximized.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Jen-Wen Ding AU - Wei-Jen Chen AU - Chu-Fu Wang PY - NaN/NaN DA - NaN/NaN TI - Adaptive Error Control for Scalable Video Streaming over Wireless Internet BT - 9th Joint International Conference on Information Sciences (JCIS-06) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.205 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.205 ID - DingNaN/NaN ER -