Constructing Knowledge Maps of A Manager's Managerial Logic by A Text Mining Approach
- Jen-Ying Shih 0, Yu-Jung Chang
- Corresponding Author
- Jen-Ying Shih
0Department of Business Administration, Chang Gung University
Available Online undefined NaN.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.195How to use a DOI?
- Managerial logic, topic map, knowledge map, GHSOM
- The objective of this research is to represent the managerial logic of Mr. Yung-Ching Wang, the Chairman of Formosa Plastics Group (also known as the “God of Business” in Taiwan) through the construction of knowledge maps using a text-mining approach, including automatic key phrase extraction, term identification, document vector modeling, and a clustering method named growing hierarchical self-organizing map (GHSOM). A collection of speeches given by Mr. Wang in various occasions is used to construct the topic maps, representing his managerial logic. The maps can be browsed on the web site (http://synteny.iis.sinica.edu.tw/kmap/m_logic).
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Jen-Ying Shih AU - Yu-Jung Chang PY - NaN/NaN DA - NaN/NaN TI - Constructing Knowledge Maps of A Manager's Managerial Logic by A Text Mining Approach BT - 9th Joint International Conference on Information Sciences (JCIS-06) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.195 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jcis.2006.195 ID - ShihNaN/NaN ER -