The Impact of Population Aging on Regional Economy Taking Yunnan Province as an Example
- Ruijing Xuan, Yuqin Zhang, Xuekun Li
- Corresponding Author
- Yuqin Zhang
Available Online September 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jahp-19.2019.146How to use a DOI?
- Yunnan Province; population aging; gray correlation degree; regional economic growth
- According to surveys and researches, there is certain correlation between population aging and regional economic development. This research aims at finding out the action mechanism and mode in which population aging affects the regional economy in Yunnan Province, to objectively evaluate the impact of population aging on regional economy. A country's GDP is equivalent to the sum of consumption, investment and net export. Production and consumption are important parts of regional economy. Therefore, this paper analyzes the impact of population aging on household consumption, fixed asset investment, and net export and other aspects by gray correlation degree on the basis of the current aging status in Yunnan Province, and tries to make clear the relations between population aging and the said aspects and further find the way of aging affecting Yunnan's regional economy. It is concluded that the gray correlation degree between population aging proportion and household consumption, investment and net export is greater than that between the aging proportion and other factors. This indicates that the population aging in Yunnan Province affects regional economic growth by affecting the elements that promote economic growth such as household consumption, fixed investment, and net exports.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Ruijing Xuan AU - Yuqin Zhang AU - Xuekun Li PY - 2019/09 DA - 2019/09 TI - The Impact of Population Aging on Regional Economy Taking Yunnan Province as an Example BT - The 4th International Conference on Economy, Judicature, Administration and Humanitarian Projects (JAHP 2019) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5428 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jahp-19.2019.146 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jahp-19.2019.146 ID - Xuan2019/09 ER -